Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas

I think I will always remember this Christmas. It was Crissy's very first and she took a step on Christmas Eve. I will always remember how Grace called Santa, "Ho Ho." I will remember when I looked out the window and saw snowflakes falling on Christmas Eve. I will remember the girls in their new nightgowns and robes singing Christmas Carols around the piano and then marching up the stairs excited for Santa to come. I will definitely remember Jason bringing his grandmother back in the house and carefully placing her on the stairs after she missed one of the steps on our walkway. Jason and his brother carried her out to the van and off to the ER they went. Poor Grandma! Broken feet on Christmas Eve!
I have to say the best memory of our Christmas was Santa barreling in the front door and waking us all up for Christmas morning! He went upstairs and woke the girls up with his jingle bells ringing! He even picked up Crissy out of her crib and carried sleepy Julia down the stairs! He was such a kind Santa and we are so thankful for him and the great memory he gave our family.





18 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie, you aren't the only one who will treasure the memory of this Christmas. The girls will always remember the traditions and wonderful moments you created for them. It's how Christmas remains in our hearts long after it's gone.

Unknown said...

The pictures are so cute and aren't you lucky Santa had the time to come and make a surprise visit like that! Wow!

Win said...

What a fun Christmas for everyone....that is except Grandma--shoot!

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun- especially the special trip from Santa!!

Jennifer said...

What a fun Christmas Eve, minus the trip to the ER. I can't believe Crissy took a step! How exciting! Who was in the Santa suit?

Linna Merrill said...

I loved you comment. This was the best xmas in a very long time. I think it was because I was so full of gratitude. My appreciation for the little things and the things that really count went up so much. I really treasure the little things, like you guys making time to come visit. That meant so much to me. Thankyou so much for your part in that.

Erica said...

What a wonderful visit from Santa Jackie. The girls all look adorable in their robes!

Anonymous said...

You did have a great Christmas! You have such a talent for appreciating the details of things. I really admire that about you.

daisy said...

I love the pictures of the girls in their PJs and robes walking up the stairs. So cute.

Marci said...

Good Memories! kaylin called santa "Ho Ho" this year too, now every man with a white beard he calls them HoHo!

Kimmy said...

Jackie I love these pictures! First of all, I love the carpet on your stairs! I am so annoyed that I haven't seen your house yet! When Emma called me she was so excited about Santa coming and walking through the house to wake them up! She is so funny! What a fun and memorable Christmas1 I got my girls new robes this year too! Twin minds think alike!

p.s. The cinnamon rolls rocked!

Erica said...

Okay Kim and Jackie, you might have to pass on the cinnamon roll recipe, reading about them makes me want one!

The Tomlinsons said...

What a magical Christmas for your girls! Snow, Santa and everything! Oh, and I had no idea you guys adopted the sleeping under the Christmas tree tradition! Funny!

The Pope Family said...

A visit from Santa...Wow! Hope Jason's grandma is on the mend.

Unknown said...

What a darling post and a great christmas to remember. Poor grandma!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Oh they are so cute. Looks like a fun Christmas.

Rachel said...

I love Carissa checking Santa out..that picture is way cute! Your girls have certainly put in a good amount of time in that car. That was a great gift from Santa!

Laura and her boys! said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!