Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jesse Owens

Jackie has often told me about her running days! She has one instance where she was in a soccer game and missed a break away. The goal keeper got to the ball before Jackie and a teammate yelled at Jackie, and her response was, what do you think I am, Jesse Owens, and then she always proceeds to giggle at her little comment. This is my first time writing something on this blog. She ran her 1st 1/2 marathon this past weekend in Provo Canyon. As we (me and the kids) showed up to see her finish it was fun to watch all the runners coming through the finish line. She ran a great race and got the time she was hoping for. Just posting that I am proud of her. Keep up the good work. (After feebly trying to run 3 miles this morning and limping around all day, I really admire her committment to run the St. George marathon. Go Girl, your crazy, but admire the goal.

11 comments:

Win said...

VERY COOL JACKIE!!!

Linna Merrill said...

Jas, your so wonderful. Why cant I find one as good as you. I think maybe I will have to start calling Jackie, "Jessie" for short. ;)

Dee said...

That's so nice Jason! and Jackie I'm so glad you're running again! I think it's really great.

Unknown said...

That's so sweet of Jason! Kuddos! Way to go Jackie on the run!

Crystal said...

Awe Jason, how sweet! Jackie it is true you are an impressive runner!

Rachel said...

What a sweet post by your man. You did so great on your 1/2...very fast! Keep it up and I can't wait to cheer you as you finish the St. George marathon!

lindseyflood said...

Jason, your awesome to post that for Jackie! I heard all about the race and think it's so great that your back into your hobby. I could never do it, but think it's motivating!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

We were so proud to hear your time Jackie! Steve knows how hard it is to run a marathon and your time "blew him away!" He was very excited for you...so was I! Hope we can be there for the real thing. We're going to try. We love you. Gayle and Steve

Anonymous said...

What a sweet guy! Congratulations, all your hard work is paying off. Can't wait to see you in the marathon!

Laura and her boys! said...

Great job Jackie! I'm signed up for the marathon as well, but I'm thinking about selling my spot because I've been biking more than running. I guess we'll see?

Danielle said...

Go Jason. Way to be so thoughtful. Jackie, you're loving it, especially the praise and knowing you can outrun him! Huh? LOL! Continue to reach your goals!!!!