Thursday, August 20, 2009

Julia's Berry Happy Birthday!


Our little sleepy head!


My friend Nicole gave me the idea to put a poster on the fireplace and streamers. Kids love to see their names up in lights! It's so funny!




Julia turned six on Tuesday! She had been waiting soooo long to turn six. She is the baby of all of her friends and cousins her age and waited so long for her special day to come!
We woke her up with donuts and then she ran downstairs to open a few gifts! I sent her off to school and Jason picked her up for lunch. I think it made her whole day! While she was at school I attempted to make her cake. I usually always make their cakes but disaster struck as I was frosting her strawberry cake. It cracked while baking and the weight of the frosting mad the whole thing collapse. I stayed calm, picked up the phone and ordered a cake from Grandma Tobler's Bakery. I knew I was pushing my luck ordering an hour and a half before the party but she said she would have it ready. I will be a customer for life! She did such a great job!
After school we had a Strawberry Shortcake party and it was so cute! I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little too. It was a fun theme to work around. All of the little girls made their own strawberry shortcakes and we had a cake walk. We had Strawberry Shortcake music playing and they danced their hearts out! It was a fun day.
Now we just have to work on losing that first tooth! Julia told me Jesus must have screwed her teeth in too tight and that is why they won't fall out. And she is not too happy about it!









13 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Julia!! I love the platter of donuts! Sounds like she had a very special day!

Crystal said...

I love the idea of donuts in bed and the sign with streamers!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

What a fun birthday party Julia! I wish I could have been there. Those doughnuts looked SO GOOD! Save me a piece of your cake...we'll be there tomorrow night. Can we sleep at your house? Love, Grandma

Unknown said...

She is just huge smiles in every picture. How fun! I totally want thos donuts in bed- they look so yummy!

The Pope Family said...

Donuts in bed! What a fun tradition. Happy Birthday, Julia!

The Tomlinsons said...

We hope you had a great birthday, Julia. We love you!

Laura and her boys! said...

Looks like such a fun day. I am so confused about the donuts! Those aren't healthy now are they? lol

Happy Birthday Julia!!!

Dee said...

I LOVE that idea of a sign and balloons! That makes it extra special! And the doughnuts in the morning. SO sweet. It sounds like the most perfect birthday for her! She's soooooo pretty! I love her cake! Party sounds so cute too. I'm so glad she had a great birthday! She is SO CUTE!

That picture of all the girls is SOOOOOOOOO adorable! I hope you have that one enlarged in the house!

Jackie said...

Nope, donuts aren't healthy but anything goes on your birthday!!

Rachel said...

The party was certainly a hit...Emily had such a great time. How fun to wake her up with doughnuts...is that a family tradition? I like it! Julia looked so cute in her dress and I have to agree that the cake from Grandma Tobler's turned out fabulous!

Danielle said...

What a great idea! Loooove the donuts! I had to laugh at the tooth story. Kid's say and think the darndest things. Hope you had a great birthday Julia. These are the times I wish I had girls so they could be invited and join in the fun. We can get away with it when they are younger, can't we!?!

Stacy said...

I love the donuts, that would've made my day. Julia looks so happy :)

Marci said...

hey jackie...send me your email address to mine so i can invite you to my blog...hawaiianangel19@hotmail.com