Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rainbow






Little Grace has renamed herself Rainbow. And she is pretty serious about it! She'll catch you if you call her Grace and remind you that her name is now Rainbow. A little while after I dropped Rainbow off at preschool I got a text from her teacher that said the following: "Grace just changed her name to Rainbow." I laughed and I also laughed in the middle of the night when she came into our room and I asked who it was and she paused and replied,"Rainbow."
I have to say how proud I am of this little girl! A year ago she was hardly talking and now it seems like she has been talking forever. Her speech therapist calls her his miracle girl because she has made such an incredible improvement. She went into speech a month before she turned three and was only in the first percentile for language and articulation! Way to go Grace!
Here are a few pictures from her Birthday Tea Party. It was so fun! Hats, gloves, pink lemonade, and real sugar cubes are what little girls are made of! Happy Birthday Rainbow! Jason made her cute teapot cake! I actually sat back and let him make it and I'm glad I did because he did an amazing job!
Four Things I love about Grace:
1. You are a mommy's girl! Sorry Jason!
2. Your cute sense of humor. I hope I always remember that when I dropped you off at preschool you yelled to me,"Bye Alvin!" You love those chipmunks!
3. The adorable things you say. Emma asked what kind of gum you were chewing and you said,"Chewy, chewy, chewy, chewy bubble gum!"
4. I love your obsession with Max and Ruby! You have to watch it everyday!!!

20 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Grace! We love you!

Unknown said...

They all looked so cute in their hats!

Jamie Sue said...

So fun! She is such a cute little girl. I had wondered what ever happened about her speach because I remember you were concerned about it when I was in nursery with her, but never heard that you took her to a speech therapist. I'm glad to hear that it has worked out so well for you (and her)! And I cannot BELIEVE she is already 4! Where does the time go?

Grandma Tomlinson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAINBOW! It was so fun to talk to you on the phone and hear about your fun day. We are so proud of you and think you're awfully cute. We loved your beautiful birthday cake....way to go to Jason!! Your party looked like so much fun. I wish we could have been there to share it with you. We'll try to see you soon in San Diego for spring break. Happy Birthday! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Tomlinson

Grandma Tomlinson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAINBOW! I just tried to send you a wish and it wouldn't go through so I'm going to see if this goes through and if it does, I'll write more. Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Rainbow! That is hysterical! She is funny! And that cake is amazing!!! Nice work Jason!

lindseyflood said...

Happy Birthday Grace! I can't believe what a good job Jason did on the cake. So cute! Her party looked absolutely adorable.

lindseyflood said...

oops I mean Happy Birthday Rainbow!

daisy said...

I think Rainbow fits her. Grace is great. I love to see this age interact with each other.

Sean and Sierra said...

That is so cute. I LOVE the tea party idea! And tell Rainbow happy birthday! =)

-Sierra

Unknown said...

Oh I can't believe how cute this party looks! Rainbow looks happy beyond words and I just love how everything matches! AND THE CAKE!
WOW, Jason, you are in the wrong business! Amazing! So cute!

Crystal said...

What a cute girl, fun party and great looking cake!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love the tea party the hats, gloves. That is soo cute and Grace looks adorable! The cake was pretty impressive as well. Go Jackie, super mom!

Danielle said...

You always have the cutest ideas Jackie! Kudos to Jason for making the cake. Maybe he should get into cake decorating. Looks like it was a fun party for Grace!!!

Rachel said...

What a darling idea for a party. The tea pot cake turned out excellent. Grace must have just loved it because she was telling me all about her tea party the other afternoon. She also told me her name wasn't just Rainbow anymore, but Chloe Rainbow. She is so fun!

Unknown said...

Darling Cake! Good Job Jason! happy Birthday rainbow girl:)

Laura and her boys! said...

Such a cute birthday party! I love the hats and the cake. Oh for a little girl :)

Jennifer said...

I can't believe Jason made that cake! LOL when I saw the picture I said outloud, "where did she get that adorable cake?" then I read the post. lol wow way to go Jason!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe Jason made that cake! LOL when I saw the picture I said outloud, "where did she get that adorable cake?" then I read the post. lol wow way to go Jason!

Dee said...

what a CUTE party! I'm so glad to hear her speech has improved so much! That's great! That cake...HOW did you do that! I love all the pink hats. SO adorable!