Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Triathalon!

Saturday was a big day for us! Jason, Emma, and Julia all participated in the Sand Hollow Triathalon. It was so much fun! I woke up early to go cheer Jason on. I was so proud of him! He beat his time from his last Tri in the fall and he is training for a bigger one in May. This time he is headed for open waters!
Emma and Julia were so cute to watch. This was Emma's second time and Julia's first. I was nervous for Julia but she surprised us! She isn't the strongest swimmer so she wore her life jacket but she was quick on the bike and the run. She had this determined look in her eye. She was all business!
Emma did great! She swam and biked great. I cracked up when she turned onto her back and backstroked her second lap. She had one little mishap on the run. Instead of running half a mile, she ran longer with the older kids. She was bummed but she came through the finish strong! She said she wants to train to do the sprint next time! I was definitely the proud mom and wife for the day.













12 comments:

Megan said...

Wow!!!! Jackie! That is so great! Jason is amazing....I could never do that! And it is so cool that the girls have you both as examples. It is so important to stay active and you are sure showing them how!!!

lindseyflood said...

Gosh, what great little athlete's! That is so awesome that they all participated in this.

Aimee said...

That is so awesome! What a great thing for your girls to participate in. I told my husband about it and he was amazed! Well done!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun day for your family. Way to go Tomlinson's!

The Tomlinsons said...

How fun! I love that the kids can participate, too.

Grandma Tomlinson said...

What cute pictures! I wish I could have been there, Maybe next year my "retired" husband and I can be there to cheer you on. We're still waiting to see the Sea World pictures. I'm sure proud of JASON. Steve used to love to run the marathon and do anything athletic like that. It's fun to see Jason following in his footsteps....only hope he doesn't have to go through all the surgeries Steve did because of his running. Love you. Gayle

Rachel said...

It was such a fun morning! Your girls did great. I am glad that they had fun doing it too. Way to go Jason on a faster time!

Erica said...

That is amazing Jackie that they all wanted to be a part of it. You should be one proud mama! How fun to watch-

Jennifer said...

that's awesome! Way to go you Emma and Julia!!! Oh and Jason too! lol

Laura and her boys! said...

This is so awesome! I want my kids to do it next year. I'm training for the Summer Games Triathlon right now! Wish me luck :)

Anonymous said...

How neat for Jason to participate with his daughters! I'm sure you are so proud of them.

Dee said...

You're an active, sporty family! That is so great. I see Allie and Chad doing something like this. That's it from the Heckers, ha ha! How cool!