Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tips For Kids In Need!

I can still hear Emma yelling this as cars passed her by. This weekend Emma had her friend Marlie over and I heard them in my laundry room. That means trouble. I told her she could not get into things and she asked me if they could make things so they could sell them. I wasn't in the mood so I told her no. I thought all was well until the house was too quiet. I asked Julia where the girls were and she told me they were out riding bikes. I decided to go out and sit on the driveway to watch them play. I go out onto the driveway and see Emma and Marlie with Grace on the corner yelling at cars. I hurried over and as I approached I heard Emma yelling, "Tips for kids in need!" They had a little sign that they were holding up to cars that said "Tips for kids in need. 1 $." They had a glass jar with a dollar bill in it. I guess someone actually stopped and gave them money! I about died and asked them who these kids in need were. Emma told me she was sending the money to kids in Africa. At least it was all for a good cause!
They spent the rest of their playtime going around the circle singing "Scotland's Burning" to our neighbors. They rounded up more loose change and candy. They had tambourines and a drum. When I went to get them to come home they seriously looked like dirty little homeless kids. I even let Grace go. I did not feel like a good mother that afternoon letting my kids roam unsupervised but I did know they were in the circle somewhere. Jason was out of town hunting and I was a little worn out and they were so happy and having a good time so there you go! I may not get the mother of the day award but they had a great time.

15 comments:

daisy said...

I'm so proud of you Jackie!!!!

Jennifer said...

LOL your kids are hilarious!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

You do get mother of the day. That is exactly what kids love. Your girls crack me up we miss them over here.

The Tomlinsons said...

This is why I love Emma so much! She is such a smarty pants!!! I can just see her out there yelling at cars. What a girl!

Rachel said...

I love how creative your girls are! Letting the kids roam is what makes our circle so much fun. I think we all kind of keep an eye out for each others kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just got such the kick out of your girls singing for money! I wish they'd have come to my house! I would consider yourself a success that your kids are so creative!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Jackie we go tues - fri at 6:00 so show up anytime.

Crystal said...

funny little girls!!!

The Pope Family said...

Now, that's resourceful!

lindseyflood said...

I love this story! Once I got off the phone with you I had company over that night and shared this story to everyone. They were all cracking up!

Kimmy said...

That is hilarious! What is "Scotlands Burning"??? How does she know that song? Emma is so funny!

Stacy said...

I was LOL when I read this. It reminded me when I picked my neighbors roses and then knocked on her door to sell them back to her...Except for I got in trouble!

Linna Merrill said...

Let me in on a little tip from my second counselor in the bishopric, it hit me like a ton of brick. He said "these choice spirits that were the noble and great ones gave up everything to come here and gain their free agency. They want to exercise their freedom of choice and gave all to get that. When we take that away, their spirits recognize that and identify it with satan and they fight it. That is why parenting today doesnt work like it did in previous generations. They need freedom to learn and make choices. Trust your abilitis as a mother, our Saviour will let you know if they are in danger." Ok so this make me take a long reality check because you know I love to control all that they do. I think that is what they love most, being able to run and use their imaginations and learn. Been thinking about you alot and mama mia. Want to see it again.

Unknown said...

WHAT???!! I have "little beggars" for granddaughters? Woah! Or brilliant little business women! LOL!

Unknown said...

That's a hilarious story!