Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumkin Pie Play-Doh

I found this recipe in the Family Fun magazine. Grace and I made it today and it was so fun! It is the perfect size recipe and it is super easy. Kids can make little pumpkin pies, pumpkins, turkeys or anything fall related they can imagine! Here is the recipe!

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
6 drops red and 15 drop yellow food coloring

Mix all dry ingredients. Add food coloring to the 1 cup water, stir, and then add oil. Mix together. Cook in a pot over medium low heat until the mixture forms a ball and it doesn't feel sticky anymore. Store in an air tight container. Will keep for one week.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

ooh i'll have to try it, and i'm so excited you will be here for thanksgiving!

The Tomlinsons said...

Sounds funs, thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

This will be fun and make the kitchen smell good!

Kimmy said...

Are my kids too big for Play-dough? I want to make it!

Jackie said...

No, they aren't too big!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! Cute blog Jackie! email me and I'll invite you to read my blog. kristenLharris@mac.com

Miss Winward said...

I make my first graders play-dough all the time....but I think it is time for a change...to pumpkin! Thanks for sharing!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Jackie I hope you don't hate me I never got back to you. Come whenever you want tues-fri at 6. Sorry.