Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baskets did the trick!

Thank you Daisy for the basket ideas! I walked into JoAnne's today and all of their woven baskets were 50% off. I bought Emma and Julia baskets for their laundry and they loved putting their laundry away. They hung their clothes on hangers, put undies and socks in the right places. Shocking! I know the novelty of the baskets will wear off but this new little system made laundry day much easier for me!!! I know this sounds silly but I am feeling empowered here! I also bought each of the girls a small basket to keep downstairs to contain the little trails of destruction they leave behind. As I find things I put them into the baskets. I already saw a difference today. Thanks again Daisy and if any of you have any organizational tricks up your sleeve please share!!!!! As you can see I really need them and I will be forever indebted to you for a great idea.

13 comments:

Dee said...

THAT is a really good idea! I just bought some at IKEA too. So did you get them each their own full size laundry basket or what?

Jackie said...

I should have described the the baskets better. They are woven baskets with a fabric liner. They aren't too deep and they have handles. They were only $9.99 at JoAnne's.

Dee said...

Going, tomorrow! I NEED help. I went to IKEA and spent waaay too much money...all in the name of helping me be "inspired" to organize and clean my house! Ha ha ha! Now I have to go back b/c there is already something I wish I'd gotten. Makes me so excited to clean my house when I have new pretty things to put up afterward!

Oh my, I just tried to type "afterwards" and couldn't figure out why the red line. Ha ha! I can't believe I thought I could pluralize afterward. I don't know what I'd do without the red alert!

daisy said...

I'm glad they are liking it. It's amazing how simple things like that make a difference. Good job, Jackie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie,
I came across your blog on Jamie Sue's. I'm always so thrilled to find a fellow blogger. I'd love to hear more about the baskets, do you keep them in your laundry room?

Jennifer said...

This is a great idea!

Jackie said...

Hi Amber! I do keep the baskets in the laundry room on the counter. How are you feeling? I bet you can't wait to get your baby girl!

Crystal said...

Hi Jackie,
I'm going to get baskets or small bins from Target to put my kids toys in them and up on reachable shelves. I'm going to oraganize them into categories like, dolls, doll clothes, legos, little people, books, etc. A storage box for each type of toy. Hope it helps my kids stay organized.

PS: send me an email I need your email address.

Jackie said...

What is your e-mail address?

Crystal said...

hausertime@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I think I'll give them a try.

The Tomlinsons said...

You know what I love about your blog. It is educational. I learn something new every time I get on. It could be how to be more organized, or everything and more I wanted to know about politics. I get to see about your family and learn, a great win win situation.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Dad's getting a basket this WEEK!