Sunday, September 28, 2008

Swiss Days!



Swiss Days was so much fun this year! I think it was the best Santa Clara has ever had! The new city building is so pretty and I love how they had the parade came down Santa Clara Drive this year! The turn out was great!
It was a fun weekend! I ran the 5k and loved it! It was so pretty out that early and it was fun to run through downtown Santa Clara. I love this cute little town! When we ran down past Grandma Tobler's bakery the front door was open and there were the cute ladies with their baker's hats and aprons cheering everyone on! My favorite roadside cheerleader was the old lady sitting with her CD player blasting Bob Marley as we ran by.


Friday night at the Swiss Miss and Mister fashion show with Grandma Rosenlof!


On the float waving! It was so cute seeing Grace waving her little hand!





The girls were in the Swiss Miss and Mister Fashion Show again! This has become a tradition the girls look forward to every year. Grace was old enough to participate this year and she had fun! They were so excited to be in the parade which was so much bigger and better this year! So many people lined the streets. We sat at the end of Grandma Rosenlof's driveway to watch the parade. The girls had fun waving and riding on the float! They were happy that they were one of the first floats so they could run back and watch the rest. They didn't miss out on the candy either! We gave the girls some money to blow at the carnival. They bought cotton candy, snow cones, and tickets to play games. When we were leaving they had just begun storytime and we could hear the reader of the books loud and clear through the sound system and Emma said said, "Mom I know that voice, I don't even have to look. It's Mrs. Lefler!" Sure enough it was Emma's school librarian dressed up as Dr. Suess. We ended our day listening to her read a few books. A perfect ending to a fun weekend!

14 comments:

Kimmy said...

Jackie how cute the dress came out! The girls all looks so adorable in their swiss miss outfits! I love it! I can't get over how much Jules looks like you, it's nuts! I loved the pictures! Your lucky you live in a small town that celebrates that fun tradition!

Crystal said...

The girls look so cute in their costumes! My girls can't wait to play with them next week. But I'm not sure if I can go back into your dream home with out getting a little bit jealous. I love your front doors!!!!! By the way you should have had a picture of you crossing the finish line.

Jackie said...

I told Jason next time you better be out there cheering me on! He had his hands full with all of the kids though! Next week it's your turn!

The Tomlinsons said...

The kids look so cute in their little Swiss dresses. What a fun weekend. We will have to come next year (if everything ever settles down for us). WOW, 5k...that is great!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

They are so cute.

Unknown said...

How cute they look! The girls look forward to this each year. Emma sounded so excited when I spoke with her Saturday morning. I woke up thinking about how cute they would look in the parade! Geesh it's a good thing Santa Clara doesn't have a Cinco de Mayo parade--poor Jackie would run out of costumes for sure!

Jackie said...

Yeah, I bet my kids were the only ones with hispanic blood in them in the whole parade! Ha Ha! I should start Mexican Days here.

Unknown said...

The girls were SO Darling!!

Jennifer said...

How FUN! I was laughing when you said the old lady was blasting bob marley! That's cool that you still run. The girls looked adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm so curious did you sew the dresses? Your girls looked so adorable! I have to admit they do look more Swiss than Mexican. Although Mexican week sounds like fun to!

Jackie said...

Hi Amber!
My girls are a quarter hispanic! Jason has strong genes! Jason's mom bought Julia and Grace's outfits in Switzerland. My mom actually sewed the dress Emma wore years ago for my little sister. I just made a few changes to it! By the way did you know you and Jason are related? Jason's grandmother is Linna Gubler and Mata is her great aunt. I think Mata is your great grandma? Anyway the connection is Mata.

lindseyflood said...

How fun that you live somewhere that does cute things like this! That would be so much fun!

The Pope Family said...

What a fun tradition, Jackie. Your girls looked like they had so much fun dressing up and participating in the parade.

Sean and Sierra said...

The girls look so cute!