Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Who Done It?


Most Recent Offenses: Crying and Whining so much my mom is always on the verge of losing it, leaving a little trail of my belongings all over the house, and grossing out over what my mom makes for dinner almost every night and then requesting cereal instead.

Most Recent Offenses: Dropping coins into the CD player in the van. Now we can't listen to Mama Mia anymore! Carrying juicy strawberries all the way upstairs and leaving a trail of very red juice on the stairs. Playing with soap in the bathroom, spilling salt all over the pantry, and last but not least refusing to keep my clothes on. Oh yeah, I also colored myself pink with marker and did a big "doo doo" in the tub. That sent everyone running. Gross!

I was combing Grace's hair out after her bath and thought it was strange that so much hair came out into the brush. Her hair seemed a little thinner. I just thought Crissy had pulled another handful out. We all went downstairs and I put on Curious George so I could start unpacking from our trip. I went into my bathroom and found a bunch of hair on the floor. I just stood there and stared. Then I saw my orange scissors on the counter. I'm surprised I stayed so calm. I about went into cardiac arrest when Emma was two and came out from under the crib with a chunk of her hair missing. It got caught in the springs. So because I am a seasoned mom I calmly went to find Jason before I flipped. I asked Grace if she cut her hair and she simply said "No, Dah". I kept asking her and her story was the same. Long story short she was blaming Julia. Of course I had no idea what "dah" meant until I asked her again and she pointed to Julia and said, "dah". Julia looked at me and told me she didn't do it. I can usually tell if Julia is lying and I totally believed her. Jason put doubts in my mind. How could Grace use those big scissors all by herself? She would have to use two hands to cut for sure. But then again, I let Grace cut with little child sized scissors because there is nothing more frustrating than trying to teach a kindergartner who has never picked up a pair of scissors how to use them. So, it comes down to the scary possibility that my two year old can lie or my five year old is lying and really good at it. Jason and I even tried asking Julia in her sleep if she did it. We got her half awake and she repeated the same story in her sleep. I'm so bugged I don't know what happened. All I do know is that Grace's hair is cut in two places and I was planning on having our family pictures taken this month. I'm going to have to put a hat on her.

12 comments:

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

That is to funny. when you find out who really did it you will have to post it.

daisy said...

I love that Jason asked Julia in her sleep. We might have to try that one. I'm betting on Grace. For some reason I think Julia would tell you straight out if she cut Grace's hair. Someone has to talk eventually. I'm with Brittney, tell us when and if you ever find out.

Jennifer said...

I'm cracking up! I can't believe how much trouble making Grace has done! Now that I hear all that maybe she did do it! lol maybe they were both in on it.

Crystal said...

This is m life and it is really funny to see it happening to someone else. Why don't I laugh when my girls leave smashed bluberries on the carpet and a trail of shoes all over the house?

Crystal said...

This is my life and it is really funny to see it happening to someone else. Why don't I laugh when my girls leave smashed bluberries on the carpet and a trail of shoes all over the house?

Dee said...

THAT is so funny! I can't believe you even asked Julia in her sleep! LOL! That cracked me up. Oh, funny stories. Your kids do the funniest things!
It's so frustrating when you don't know "who done it"! Ha ha ha!

Cute post!

Merek said...

oh my gosh they both have the same hair in their pictures.

Kimmy said...

a seasoned mom! that was funny! Julia totally helped grace do it! There is that better? My kids NEVER cut their hair! Naughty little girls!

lindseyflood said...

What a trouble maker Grace is! That story was so funny! Your in trouble if your girls are already working together as a team! But how boring would life be with out these times to look back on!

Aimee said...

This is so my life! Except the boy version which includes coloring on the walls or carpet. It's so much funnier to read about someone else going through it. At least you kept your cool!! Very impressive!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

The way you worded the experience truely brought it to life. I'd loved to have been there. I remember asking my kids what they did in their sleep! Maybe Gracie will keep "not talking" and then she'll never have to admit what she does....smart little girl! It is always fun to read your blog. Hope you get this since it never works. Love, Grandma T.

Linna Merrill said...

I love her little personality. I know sometimes, especially in the moment that it is hard. Remember, these are the little stories that you will laugh about in the years to come. I think it is amazing the things she does dispite not being able to verbally communicate. My kids did the same things when they were little. Stephen cut Elizabeths hair when she was four, only I had never cut it till then. She went from long, almost to her waist, to a chin length bob over night. I dont know who was more devastated. Definately me!!!!!