Monday, December 8, 2008

Emma's Blue Ribbon


Emma won a blue Ribbon for the poem she wrote about her baby sister. It was part of the Reflection's contest at school. The theme was "Wow!" So, she wrote about Crissy.
We attended Reflection Night at the school and we were ready to go home but Emma insisted that we stay to hear the winner's announced. I'm glad we stayed and she was ecstatic to go up front, in all her glory to claim her blue ribbon! Jason and I had to laugh! She is so proud and I think this will be a moment in her life she will always remember!
Here is her poem:
Crissy
Chubby,Cute
Learning, playing, growing
Love to squeeze her
Wow!

9 comments:

The Pope Family said...

Congratulations, Emma.

lindseyflood said...

Yeah for Emma! Jackie you should post her poem I want to read it!

lindseyflood said...

How did I miss that? Or did you post it after my comment? It was so sweet!

Unknown said...

That would have been awful if you guys would have left! How funny! Go Emma!! Way to Go!

Erica said...

What a sweet moment Jackie, your right, Im sure she will forever remember that!

Kimmy said...

WHAT A CUTE POEM! I love it! Merek won a ribbon and also her poem was published in a book for the poem she wrote about rainbows and her dad! So cute!

Crystal said...

Awesome! You should frame the poem in Emmas handwriting for Carrisas room.

Laura and her boys! said...

Great poem. I teach this kind to my 8th graders. Kind of funny, huh?

Jackie said...

YEAY MEEEEEEE!




BY EMMA