Monday, December 15, 2008

A Snowy, Christmasy Day!



It snowed here today! All Day! It was the perfect day to host my first annual Gingerbread House Party and it was so much fun. I have wanted to do this for years and thanks to my friend Michelle, my wish came true. I love gingerbread and what gets you in the spirit of Christmas more than decorating a gingerbread house? It was a fun night.
There are a few more things on my Christmas list of things to do that I still need to check off! Here they are...
1. The Live Nativity at Tuachan. It is so beautiful and it is the perfect setting to see a live Nativity.
2. Sleep under the tree with my kids. This is a tradition we adopted from our sister in law Crystal's family and the kids love it!
3. Baking sugar cookies with my girls and saving some for Santa!
4. Drive around to look at lights listening to Alvin and the chipmunks Christmas. I can't wait to hear Grace yelling, "Ho! Ho!"
5. Read our special Christmas books.
6. Watch Little house Christmas. I know I a nerd and yes it makes me cry.
7. Wrap Christmas gifts late at night watching an old Christmas movie.
8. Torture Jason with Bing Crosby's Christmas CD. I love it, he hates it.
9. Watch Home Alone, Christmas Story, and It's A Wonderful Life.
10.Read the Christmas story from the Bible and have my kids dress up to tell the story.
Did I forget anything? I'd love to hear everyone's Christmas traditions! I love new ideas. I got a great idea for when I am a Grandma from Amber's blog. Her mom surprised all of her little grand kids with Christmas jammies and then invited them to her house to have hot cocoa. Santa even dropped by. That is the cutest idea ever!

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

You have a great list of traditions! The Live Nativity is one of the best things about living in St. George, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Your list is pretty inclusive, I love Tuachaun as well. I think making a list is a great idea, other wise it seems like you forget some of those good old traditions. I loved the gingerbread house!

Unknown said...

Great list! We are going to write letters to Santa this year. That can be scary since I'm done shopping!! :) I love your gingerbread house!!

Stacy said...

I love the pics of the girls in your header...so SWEET!!!

The Pope Family said...

Sledding in the snow! What a fun Christmas memory for your girls.

lindseyflood said...

You better get busy Jackie, your to do list is still pretty big! Your gingerbread house came out adorable!

Erica said...

what fun Christmas traditions Jackie, I especially love the idea of sleeping under the tree!!! Dont you just love this time of year...

Laura and her boys! said...

We love to see the nativity at Tuachan as well, but we waited too long and got rained out this year! Was a major bummer.

Laura and her boys! said...

We are going to the live nativity on the 21st for family home evening. You guys want to come?