Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Carissa!

We had a fun day celebrating Crissy's special day! I love first birthdays! How cute is it to watch a baby eat their first cake?
I have to say my heart is full of mixed emotions. That first year with her went so fast and I can see her entering a whole new world of learning and growing. I wish I could freeze time and keep her my little, chubby baby forever!


Here is the cupcake stand. A mini version of the awesome inspiration cupcake stand. I think I will be reusing this little cake stand a lot! Starting with Emma's baptism.


The birthday baby!

Shove it all in baby!

15 comments:

daisy said...

Very Very cute!

Kimmy said...

This turned out so cute Jackie! I love it! I especially L.O.V.E. the hat! Happy 1st Birthday Carissa!

Kimmy said...

Carissa looks like Spanky the little rascal with that black eye! lol

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! She is getting so big, it just seems like yesterday you had her! She's darling by the way. You are such a creative mom!

Rachel said...

Wow, that picture of Carissa with the party hat on and eating cake is priceless! Her chubby cheeks are really adorable. Sometimes during the first year I find myself wishing for it to be over, but then when they are one I regret I ever had a thought like that. They grow up fast! Thanks for sharing the cupcakes...they were gone in seconds.

Unknown said...

Jackie, you did such a good job! The cupcakes looks so cute and she is just adorable! Very fun!

Jamie Sue said...

Jackie! That turned out SO CUTE!!!

Aimee said...

That is ADORABLE!!! I too wish that I could freeze time and keep Nolan my chubby baby forever. I hate that they have to grow up. It makes me so sad! You got some great pictures of her!

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake stand! Where did you get it? Chrissy is so cute! I love first birthdays too!

Laura and her boys! said...

I love love love the cupcake stand and tutu idea! Oh if I only had a girl:(

Happy Birthday Carissa!

Marci said...

your so creative jackie! that is such a cute cake idea...i'm going to remember that for when ever we have a little girl...i cant believe she is already one...wow time really does fly by!

lindseyflood said...

Love this idea! It's so darn cute!

The Pope Family said...

So cute! Love the party hat, too.
Thanks for the tutu suggestion. I made two for Eliza.

Crystal said...

It looks great! You did a good job!

Crystal said...

And crissy is sooooo cute!