Tuesday, August 26, 2008

5K and Fun Run!

I signed up for the Swiss Days 5K and Fun Run! I'm not sure how fun it will be but I'm in. I got up to run this morning for the first time since I was a few months pregnant with Carissa and ran three miles. I thought I was going to pass out and my legs felt like lead but I did it! It is never fun attempting to get back in shape and it is going to be an uphill battle but I am determined. Amazingly, despite feeling the soreness coming on I already feel more energized! My goal is to be able to keep up with my friend Daisy when she is just on an easy going four miler and not feel like I am running for my life. Just once! I'm also hoping that when I can comfortably run a few miles again that I will be able to get into my jeans again. Now that would be an awesome bonus! Wish me luck.

Deann will be proud.
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can
(Not an actual poem but close enough)

12 comments:

daisy said...

You can so totally do it. I'm proud of you for signing up.

Unknown said...

Of course you can do it! You ROCK!!

Dee said...

Ha haaaaa! FUNNY. Good for you! I'm just hoping to do some Yoga but I would like to start running.
When is Swiss Days? I want to come for it.

Jackie said...

Swiss Days is Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th! Let's put the kids in the parade! Maybe mom can sew us up some simple pinafores and I have the shorts for Jack!

Kimmy said...

Wow! That's awesome Jackie. What motivated you to get up and just run a 3 miler! lol Just don't get caught wearing any dolphin shorts! hehehe

Dee said...

I can probably come down that weekend!

Hey call me on my home phone. My cell is dead and lost.

Crystal said...

Sly Jackie Stallone. I liked Kims comment about the dolphin shorts. I'll have to get you a cute running skirt! I'm proud of you.

Jackie said...

I was thinking about that! Where did you guys get the running skirts?

Linna Merrill said...

way to go lady. I wish I was there to do it with you. Maybe you could motivate me to run again. I have decided I am getting a little to old. I guess I need to change my disposition. Way to go.

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Jackie we miss living by you. Luke says everyday "mom did you know Emma moved, I wonder if she is coming back."

lindseyflood said...

that's awesome! i could never run 3 miles just getting back into it!

your funny with your poem!

The Pope Family said...

You go girl!