Sunday, August 24, 2008

Julia is finally 5!


Breakfast in Bed! Dinosaur oatmeal for our dinosaur girl!


Julia couldn't have been more elated to turn five! Her birthday is August 18 so just about everyone she knows is already five. Her cousin Jack's birthday is the day before and I suggested to the girls that we call and sing to him. I could see the anxious and worried look on Julia's face and quickly reassured her that Jack is turning 4! She was relieved. If Jack had been turning five it would have definitely sent her over the edge! The next morning her happy day had FINALLY arrived and this is how Julia described her day to me in her very own five year old words...

"I love my presents and I love my cake with my doll on it, my glass doll. I love my stroller. I love my hat what Jorgi gave me and I love when I got my play-doh and all my presents. I love the strawberries with the whipped cream and the bananas and I love when everyone singed to me. I love my treasure box. It has fairies on it and it's pink. I love those balloons. I loved when I blew out the candles! I love when they gave me presents. And do you know what else? I love my mom and my dad and my sisters."

9 comments:

Linna Merrill said...

Love to hear the cute words she has to say. I could hear all her p's pernounced pw. I love my pwesents, I love when pweeple singed to me. It was so cute. I love seeing her shiny face. It reminds me when we were up there this summer. We had so much fun. It was fun to see the girls and get to know them better. I hope we will always be close. It is so fun to share your kids with you.

Dee said...

OH! That is just so cute. I like how you wrote exactly what she said about her day. That is soooo sweet! I love the picture of her breakfast in bed. That's a cute tradition too!

The Pope Family said...

Breakfast in bed...how fun!
Happy Birthday, Julia!

The Tomlinsons said...

Glad she had such a good day. Leah was so excited to call and wish her a happy b-day. It was so cute.

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday Julia! She is so cute! I love her flowers in her hair! That is so cute Jackie that you gave her breakfast in bed! What a cute idea!

Win said...

Wow, she looks so much like you Jackie! Actually, I think all of your kids look similar to you! How fun...your kids are getting sooo big!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Julia! I can't believe I didn't call her or Jack or Sarah for their birthdays. :( I am going to serve Hannah breakfast in bed on her birthday next year that is such a cute idea! I bet she felt SOOO special. And I loved reading her words of her day especially at the end when she loved all you guys that is so cute.

Unknown said...

I love the narrative and she looks so beautiful! I still have my present for her. She can get excited all over again! Happy 5th Julia! Love Nana

Unknown said...

Heh, Jackie. That cake looks so pretty. Good job!