Friday, August 15, 2008

And I'm off...to second grade!




Emma started second grade on Monday and was so excited. She came into our room at 6:30 that morning. I convinced her to lay down with us for another hour. Then before I knew it she was out the door on her scooter! And yes, that was me taking pictures from behind and yes I ran behind her to school. You have to go with them on their first day right? She wanted to ride her scooter to school and I couldn't say no, so she looked super cool and I don't even want to know what I looked like. I didn't even have my little discreet camera because Jason took it to work that morning, so I had to take the big camera. I felt like I had a cowbell around my neck. Oh well, I got the pictures I for some reason desperately had to have and in my defense I know that this kind of spectacle can't go on forever year after year. Next year she is going to leave me at home!

13 comments:

The Pope Family said...

That's too funny! I can just see you running down the street, snapping pictures. Emma is such a cutie pie.

lindseyflood said...

Emma is so grown up! You made me laugh out loud when you said you felt like you had a cow bell around your neck!!!! Your so funny :)

Jackie said...

Oooooh you're up late too Lindsey!

Crystal said...

LOL! I love it. Aren't you so glad you did it? You'll now have this memory captured forever.

Dee said...

You mean you're not going to follow her first day of freshman year? I think it should be a spectacle EVERY year! I remember Dad, I think, taking my picture the first day of 5th grade! I loved it! But then, I was a dork.

Dee said...

I forgot to say how cute her outfit is!!! I LOVE those knee highs!

The Tomlinsons said...

Emma is so adorable! I just love her to death. I can hardly believe she's in 2nd grade!!! She looks so cute with her haircut and knee highs! And great description, Jackie, I could just see you running down the sidewalk after her with your "cowbell" camera! You're not crazy, though, the pictures are totally worth it!

Linna Merrill said...

Enjoy it. Your right, they grow up so fast. I'm sure there were other mothers with their big cameras. It is all about the pictures. I love that my kids still want me there on the first day. I am enjoying it, and I've managed to preserve it into Jr. High. Hope it will continue. Loved sharing your first day with you.

Linna Merrill said...

Hi jackie. I like the title of your blog. Julia has a cute backpack. Emma, I cant believe you are in 2nd grade. I think your going to like it a lot. Julia, I think you are going to like kindergarten a lot too. It is very fun. I remember kindergarten, I had lots of fun. I cant wait till I see you guys again. I had lots of fun in St. George.
Love your neice Sarah

Kimmy said...

Jackie you made me crack up! My mouth hurts still from having oral surgery and I am laughing so hard! OUCH! Emma looked so cute on her first day of school! I don't care what my girls say I still take first day of school pictures. I love it! I won't go as far as high school though! lol Emma your so cute!

Jennifer said...

Emma is funny! She is so grown up and so independent riding off to school on her scooter. lol. i can't believe you chased after her like the paparazzi!!

Jackie said...

The paparazzi! That was funny Jennifer.

Merek said...

I can't believe Emma rode her scooter that's so funny. Have fun and make new friends.