Friday, August 15, 2008

Julia's Big Day!





Where do the years go??? My little Julia went to Kindergarten. I had so many mixed feelings about her going. Julia is my little clinger so I knew she would clam up when the time came for her to actually go with her teacher. She woke up early and came down all dressed and attempted to do her own hair with a headband in it. So cute!! She had been waiting for days to wear her new dress. When it was time to go she jumped on her bike. I thought hold on eager beaver, not on the first day! So, I convinced her the wagon would be a better idea. We chit chatted all the way to school and then we pulled up to the playground and everything about her happy mood changed. Julia never goes down without a fight. She refused to get out of the wagon to play or to take a picture with her teacher. So her teacher walked behind the wagon for the picture. The bell rang and she finally got out of the wagon but informed me she would not put her backpack on. I thought fine just don't cause a scene. Reluctantly she joined the line and walked into the school with a frown on her face! I waved and knew that when I picked her up she would have a big smile on her face. And she did!

13 comments:

The Pope Family said...

So funny...Julia's personality reminds me so much of Quinn's. She's adorable!

Jackie said...

Thanks! You're up late too! I'm going to be hating life tomorrow!

lindseyflood said...

Julia looked so dang cute on her first day of school!
I like your new blog name too!:)

Jackie said...

Thanks Lindsey!

Crystal said...

I like your new blog name too! Julia couldn't be any cuter!!!!

Dee said...

Her backpack looks HUGE! Ha ha! She looked so cute! Did she have fun her first day? What did she say about it?

The Tomlinsons said...

I just love Julia! What a doll. I can't believe she's in Kindergarten. Leah will be so jealous! I love that she wanted to be so grown up and get dressed and do her own hair!

Linna Merrill said...

I so love Julia. I love her spunk, her fire, her whole personality. It is so sweet the way she is a homebody. I love that you can read her like a book. No facade. I miss you guys. Glad she came home happy. The first day is the hardest. She will love it from here on out.

Kimmy said...

Julia looked so beautiful on her first day of school. I love the wagon picture. I can't believe she's in school! WOW! I loved her flower!

Jennifer said...

lol that is so funny! I love the flower in her hair! She looked so beautiful for her first day of school and I could totally see the change of mood in the pics, funny julia. oh and I think your blog title is really cute!

Merek said...

I'm glad that Julia started her first day of school. i hope she makes a lot of new friends.

Unknown said...

Gee, sounds like someone I know very well! Like mother, like daughter. I'm remembering how you clung to us, the car, the window -all you could and it wasn't for kindergarten!!!!!! LOL! Julia looked so pretty on her first day of school. Congrats Julia!
(at least she didn't cut her hair!)

Unknown said...

Heh, I also love the name of your blog!